Today was supposed to be my second day of practical teaching. I was all ready to go at 8 AM in my fancy teacher clothes and no one showed up. After some investigation, I found out that the students did not arrive due to a transportation strike. Some new transportation laws were passed recently by the government without consulting any of the transportation services (i.e. buses, vans, taxis, etc.). There have been protests all month over this. The protests are typically mildly successful. However, today on my second day of teaching I have witnessed one of the most successful strikes in Cusco!
I do not think the strike continues tomorrow, so hopefully I will have students. I may teach a make up class later. We´ll see. Off to class...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Valerie, I'd like to see some of your pics if it is not too difficult to post them...
ReplyDelete